The Youth Ambassadors Program is one of the exchange programs of the Office of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State. The Department of State implements the programs through the United States Embassies in each country. In Paraguay, the program is run and implemented by “Fundación Paraguaya” together with the Educational and Cultural Affairs Section of the United States Embassy in Paraguay and the support of Friends of the Americas.
¿What is the program about?
The program selects 13 young leaders nationwide, ages 15-17, who will receive a full scholarship to be part of a cultural exchange in the United States, where they will represent Paraguay and participate in training in leadership, social entrepreneurship and project development Community policies.
On their return, they will work on creating social enterprises for a period of one year, where they identify a social problem in their communities and propose intervention actions and positive impact. During that year, they will be trained on project management and execution tools, as well as being mentored by two mentors who advise them during the implementation process of their social enterprises.
Requirements to Participate
- Being a Paraguayan by birth and living in Paraguay
- Be between 15-17 years of age as of January 1, 2017
- To be enrolled in a school until the second year of the average
- Have a good academic level at school
- Have an intermediate level of English
- Have limited financial resources
- Demonstrate Leadership Qualities
- Have a history of participation in volunteer activities in support of the community
- Demonstrate initiative, good communication and good teamwork
- Submit a proposal for a Community Initiative
- To have knowledge about the history and culture of Paraguay
- Have your parents’ permission to participate in the program
- Complete the application form in its entirety and attach all required documentation
Fill out the form online at the following link https://www.tfaforms.com/4635936
The deadline for submitting the form, as well as the required documents is October 18
For more information on the organizations coordinating the program, go to: