The President of the United States has ordered a National Day of Mourning in recognition of the passing of former President George H. W. Bush. The U.S. Embassy including the Consular Section, will be closed to the public on Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
Additionally the Consular Section will be closed to the public on Thursday, December 6, 2018 for previously scheduled professional development activities. Should there be an emergency involving a US citizen, please call +595 21-213-715.
- U.S. Embassy – Asuncion, Paraguay: +(595) (21) 213-715 or +(595) (21) 229-581 (after hours)
- U.S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Paraguay Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.