Minors Under the Age of 16
Special requirements exist for passport applications for children under the age of 16. Please visit the State Department Passport Page to find out about these requirements.
- Form DS-11 (PDF 96 KB)
- Minor and both parents present with valid IDs. Please bring photocopies of the IDs.
- Minor’s original birth certificate (In case of a Paraguayan birth certificate, a copy of “Acta de Nacimiento” must be legalized by the Civil Registry). Please bring a photocopy of the birth certificate.
- If your child was issued a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), please bring it.
- Minor’s previous passport, if applicable. Please bring a photocopy of the passport.
- Photos showing physical development of minor.
- If one of the parents cannot be present at the interview, an original notarized for DS-3053 by U.S. Notary Public or U.S. Consul must be submitted.
- One 2×2 inch (5X5 cm) photo with a white background. Starting November 1, 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos. For more information and tips please click here.
- Minor’s SSN, if available.
- Passport application must be signed only in front of the Vice-Consul or Consul during interview with both parents and child present.