Lost, Stolen or Mutilated Passports

The Consular Section may replace lost, stolen or mutilated passports after verification of your identity and your citizenship. The following items are required:

  • A police report
  • All available and ideally original identification, such as your certified birth certificate, your driver’s license, a photocopy of your missing passport or an expired passport. If you have no identification, you may wish to bring along an American friend or relative with his or her passport to attest to your U.S. citizenship and identity.
  • Two photos that comply with the requirements noted in the passport photo section (link to the Passport Photo text below) of this website.
  • The appropriate passport fee (PDF 73 KB) for the replacement.