Embassy Resource Lists
Below you will find resource lists for hospitals, physicians, attorneys and translators. The Embassy makes no representation concerning the availability or performance of any of the entities on the list and can neither endorse nor recommend one. You are encouraged to do your own research and carefully consider your choices.
- List of Hospitals (PDF 57 KB)
- List of Physicians (PDF 210 KB)
- List of Attorneys (PDF 182 KB)
- List of Certified Translators (PDF 198 KB)
- List of Paraguayan Embassy & Consulates in the U.S. (PDF 195 KB)
Suggestions and Recommendations for Personal Safety and Security:
- It is recommended that travel at night on major routes outside of Asuncion be avoided. Furthermore, it is important that colleagues and/or family members are aware of your travel itinerary when you are traveling outside of Asuncion.
- Be aware of your surroundings. A state of alertness can save your life. A good sense of what is normal and what is unusual in your surroundings is vital. Know the neighborhoods where you live and work. Do not settle into a routine, vary your times and routes of travel.
- Police officials indicate that concealed weapons are commonly used to commit armed robberies. In most instances, it is safest to be non-confrontational and give up your property – don’t give up your life.
- If possible, don’t walk alone during late-night hours. Walk confidently, directly, and at a steady pace. Send the message that you’re calm, confident, and know where you’re going.
- Avoid carrying large sums of cash, or displaying expensive jewelry in public.
- Trust your instincts. If something or someone makes you uneasy, avoid the person or leave the area.
If you become a victim of a crime, seek assistance from the nearest police authority and also report the crime to the Consular Section of the American Embassy.
Americans living or traveling in Paraguay are encouraged to register with the U.S. Embassy in Asuncion, via e-mail, writing at ParaguayACS@state.gov.
Updated information on travel in Paraguay may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 within the U.S., or from overseas, 1-202-501-4444. For further information please consult the Consular Information Sheet for Paraguay available via the Internet at http://travel.state.gov. Please also see the current Worldwide Caution Public Announcement.