Event: Travel Advisory for Paraguay Decreases from Level 4 “Do Not Travel” to Level 3 “Reconsider Travel” (August 24, 2021)
On August 23, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Paraguay due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Paraguay.
For your consideration:
- The State Department recommends U.S. citizens reconsider travel to Paraguay due to COVID-19 and to exercise increased caution in Paraguay due to crime. For more information visit: Paraguay International Travel Information (state.gov).
- Should you decide to travel, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and follow us on Twitter and Facebook to receive timely alerts about evolving health and safety conditions.
- Continue to monitor Travel.state.gov, and our social media platforms for additional information about the evolving situation.
Actions to Take:
- Always wear your mask indoors in public venues and outside. Face masks are required by Paraguayan law. There are currently no exceptions for vaccinated individuals.
- Wash your hands frequently and respect social distancing guidelines.
- Carry a photo ID.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Paraguay.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page: Travel Health Notices | Travelers’ Health | CDC
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates: https://step.state.gov/step/
- U.S. Embassy Asuncion, Paraguay
+(595) (21) 213-715
+(595) (21) 229-581 (after hours)
U.S. Embassy Asunción web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Travel.state.gov Paraguay Country Information and Travel Advisory page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook