As we commemorate the 16th anniversary of the September 11attacks, we ask the U.S. citizen community in Paraguay to remember the thousands of innocent victims lost on September 11, 2001. We honor the heroic sacrifice of the men and women who risked their lives that day so that others might survive, and we send our thoughts and prayers to the families who lost their loved ones.
As the anniversary date approaches, U.S. citizens should remain vigilant, review personal security plans, and remain aware of your surroundings as U.S. citizens may be targeted by extremist groups regardless of the country they are in.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Paraguay Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Paraguay located at 1776 Mariscal Lopez Avenue at +595 21 213 715 from 7:30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +595 21 213 715 extension 2210 or +595 21 213 715 and listen to the prompt for emergencies.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.