Location: Paraguay, countrywide
Event: The U.S. government remains concerned that terrorists are intent on targeting U.S. citizens abroad, including children. Terrorists may employ a variety of tactics, such as violent assaults and kidnappings. In the past, they have used knives, guns, and vehicles as ramming devices. They may target schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, transportation hubs, and other public venues.
Actions to Take:
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and transportation hubs.
- Review travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Report social media threats to the local authorities.
- U.S. Embassy Asuncion, Paraguay
+(595) (21) 213-715
+(595) (21) 229-581 (after hours)
- State Department – – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Paraguay Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.