The Embassy has received information of a planned demonstration (size unknown) this evening at 18:30 in front of the embassy at the corner of Avda. Mariscal Lopez and Avda. Kubitschek. Protesters plan to gather for a “Global Peace Against Nuclear Conflict” and the demonstration may disrupt traffic in the area.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Paraguay Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Paraguay located at 1776 Mariscal Lopez Avenue at +595 21 213 715 from 7:30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +595 21 213 715 extension 2210 or +595 21 213 715 and listen to the prompt for emergencies.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.