Event: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber security and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) warns individuals to remain vigilant for scams related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). These messages may be related to medical information, financial assistance, or charitable donations, among other topics. Cyber actors may send WhatsApp messages, tweets, emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Exercise caution in handling any email with a COVID-19 related subject line, attachment, or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts, or calls related to COVID-19. For more information regarding scams related to COVID-19, see https://www.cisa.gov/coronavirus.
Confirm all information related to financial assistance or charitable donations with trusted sources, such as the legitimate websites of the organizations.
The first and best source of authoritative medical information on COVID-19 is http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html, where visitors will find information on the virus itself, situation updates, and tailored information for audiences including communities, schools, and businesses, as well as others.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and recommendations on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Paraguay.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Paraguayan Ministry of Health website for more information
U.S. Embassy Asuncion, Paraguay
1776 Mariscal Lopez Avenue
+(595) (21) 213-715
U.S. Embassy web page
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Paraguay Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook