Please be advised that a peaceful protest that started in front of Ande Electric Co. on Avenida España has now moved to 25 de Mayo and Kubitschek. At this time, the exact number of protesters is unknown. Please anticipate major congestion throughout this area. While demonstrations and protests are generally peaceful in Paraguay, they can easily turn violent. Such activities may also result in intermittent road closures, including major routes.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Paraguay Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Paraguay located at 1776 Mariscal Lopez Avenue at +595 21 213 715 from 7:30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +595 21 213 715 extension 2210 or +595 21 213 715 and listen to the prompt for emergencies.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.