More information about Paraguay is available from the Department of State and other sources, some of which are listed below:
- International Religious Freedom Report for 2017
The Department of State submits this annual report to the Congress in compliance with section 102(b) of the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 (P.L. 105-292), as amended. This report covers the period between January 1 and December 31, 2017.
U.S. embassies prepare the initial drafts of country chapters based on information from government officials, religious groups, nongovernmental organizations, journalists, human rights monitors, academics, and others. The Office of International Religious Freedom, based in Washington, collaborates in collecting and analyzing additional information
- 2017 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices - Paraguay
The 2017 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices (The Human Rights Reports) document the status of human rights and worker rights in nearly 200 countries and territories. These reports are required by U.S. law and are used by a variety of actors, including the U.S. Congress, the Executive branch, and the Judicial branch as a factual resource for decision making in matters ranging from assistance to asylum.
Click here to see other countries Reports on Human Rights
- 2018 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report Volume I Drug and Chemical Control
Paraguay made significant increases in drug seizures and illicit crop eradication in 2017. Nevertheless, Paraguay remains among the largest source countries for marijuana in the Western Hemisphere, and a transit country for Andean cocaine.
- 2018 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report Volume II Money Laundering and Financial Crimes
Paraguay continues a strong trajectory of economic growth, expected to again surpass 4 percent in 2017 – outpacing neighbors in the region. Transnational criminal organizations use Paraguay for the large-scale cultivation and processing of marijuana and the processing and transit of Andean cocaine.
- 2016 Child Labor Report
- 2016 International Religious Freedom Report (Released on 08/15/2017)
- 2016 Country Reports on Terrorism (CRT)
- 2017 Trafficking in Persons Report
- International Narcotics Control Strategy Report, Volume 1: Drug and Chemical Control
- International Narcotics Control Strategy Report, Volume 2: Money Laundering and Financial Crimes
- Child Labor and Forced Labor Reports (Released on 09/30/16)
- International Religious Freedom Report (Released on 08/10/2016)
- 2016 Fiscal Transparency Report (Released on 07/29/16)
- 2016 Trafficking in Persons Report (Released on 06/30/16)
- Joint Statement on the U.S. - Paraguay Political/Economic Dialogue (Released 6/20/2016) (PDF 297 KB)
- Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2015 (Released on 04/13/16)
- Drugs & Chemical INCSR 2016 Country Report - Vol. 1 (Paraguay) (Released on 04/11/2016) (PDF 141 KB)
- Drugs & Chemical INCSR 2016 Country Report - Vol. 2 (Paraguay) (Released on 04/11/2016) (PDF 214 KB)
- Trafficking in Persons Report (Paraguay) (Released on 07/27/15)
- Country Reports on Human Rights Practices (Released on 06/25/15) (PDF 372 KB)
- Country Reports on Terrorism (Released on 06/19/15)
- Investment Climate Statements 2015 (Paraguay) (Released on 05/29/15)
- 2015 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report-Volume I: Drug and Chemical Control (Paraguay)
- 2015 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report-Volume II: Money Laundering and Financial Crime
- USTR - 2015 Special 301 Report (May 2015) (PDF 459 KB)