Message to U.S. citizens: Entry Requirement Changes for Paraguay
On October 12, Paraguay eliminated the $160 visa requirement fee for U.S. citizens entering the country for stays of up to 90 days for tourism or business. Please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for additional information on the change.
Actions to Take:
- Always wear your mask indoors in public venues and outside. Face masks are required by Paraguayan law. There are currently no exceptions for vaccinated individuals.
- Wash your hands frequently and respect social distancing guidelines.
- Carry a photo ID.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Paraguay.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page: Travel Health Notices | Travelers’ Health | CDC
- Should you decide to travel, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and follow us on Twitter and Facebook to receive timely alerts about evolving health and safety conditions.
- Continue to monitor travel.state.gov, and our social media platforms for additional information about the evolving situation.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Asuncion, Paraguay.
+(595) (21) 213-715.
+(595) (21) 229-581 (after hours).
U.S. Embassy Asunción web page.
- State Department – Consular Affairs.
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Travel.state.gov Paraguay Country Information and Travel Advisory page.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.