Health Alert: U.S. Embassy – Asuncion, Paraguay (30 March 2020)
Event: The Paraguayan government has extended its order to close all international borders until further notice. Cargo will still be permitted to cross the borders. Commercial flights continue to be suspended at all Paraguayan airports, with limited exceptions for repatriation flights.
At the moment, we do not have any flights scheduled for repatriation of U.S. citizens, but we are continuing to explore options. For any U.S. citizens interested in assistance returning to the United States, please send an email to ParaguayACS@State.gov with the following information for everyone in your party:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of passport expiration
- Current location
- Contact information
Actions to take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and recommendations on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Paraguay.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Asuncion, Paraguay
1776 Mariscal Lopez Avenue
+(595) (21) 213-715
+(595) (21) 229-581 (after hours)
U.S. Embassy web page
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Paraguay Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook