Location: Paraguay, countrywide
Event: On January 10, 2022, the Paraguayan government updated their entry and exit requirements. Unless otherwise noted, previous entry/exit requirements remain in effect. For a full list of entry/exit Requirements, please refer to the Embassy’s COVID-19 Page. Please see the changes below.
- Travelers aged 12 and up must present a negative RT-PCR/LAMP/NAAT COVID-19 test result taken no more than 48 hours before departure or a negative antigen test result taken in a time not exceeding 24 hours prior to boarding.
- Foreign travelers not residing in Paraguay, aged 18 and over, must present a complete vaccination record* as to enter the country.
*The Paraguayan Ministry of Health considers someone “fully vaccinated” for six months after receipt of the initial series of vaccine. After six months, a booster shot is required to maintain this designation.
- Individuals traveling from MERCOSUR States Parties (Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay), as well as those from countries bordering Paraguay (Argentina, Brazil and Bolivia) are exempt from performing the RT-PCRn or antigen tests, regardless of whether they arrive by air or land and regardless of their nationality.
- Individuals who enter the country under a neighbor-transit agreement must prove that they reside in a border city. They do not have any health requirements for entry.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Paraguay webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Paraguay.
For any additional questions, please contact the U.S. Embassy’s American Citizen Services unit at: ParaguayACS@state.gov
U.S. Embassy Asuncion, Paraguay.
+(595) (21) 213-715.
+(595) (21) 229-581 (after hours).
U.S. Embassy Asunción web page.
State Department – Consular Affairs.
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Travel.state.gov Paraguay Country Information and Travel Advisory page.
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.