The US Embassy is in charge of the promotion of the Hubert H. Humphrey Scholarships, awarded to young professionals with no less than five years of work experience and proven leadership to go to the United States for a year. Candidates will be selected by the US Embassy in Paraguay based on their potential for leadership and commitment to community service. This program is not a program that grants a postgraduate diploma. It is a highly competitive program, therefore applicants must meet the eligibility criteria.
Candidates should have experience in one of the following areas of study:
Agricultural and Rural Development
Economic Development / Banking and Finance
Natural Resources, Environmental Policies, Climate Change
Rural and Urban Planning
Development of Democratic Institutions
Communication / Journalism
Law and Human Rights
Analysis of Public Policy and Public Administration
Trafficking in Persons and Prevention Policies
Policies and Administration of Technology
Human resources management
Administration of Education, Policies and Planning
Administration of Higher Education
The Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
Administration and Public Health Policies
HIV / AIDS Policies and Prevention
Abuse of Substances, Prevention and Treatment (the interested party must have experience in the investigation)
The scholarship includes
Roundtrip tickets to the USA
Monthly stipend (the amount varies by state) a single accommodation allowance in your new home.
Registration fees for conferences, trainings and other professional development activities.
– Be a Paraguayan or resident in Paraguay. Citizens with dual citizenship or permanent residence in the United States are not eligible.
– Have a university degree.
– Have at least five (5) years of professional experience at the time of applying. Excluding.
– Be committed to return to the country after completing the program.
– Excellent level of English. Minimum score in TOEFL of 71 (internet-based)
– Leadership ability and community service.
– Not having experience in the United States for more than 6 months or more.
Note: The program is not designed for teachers, scientists or researchers with no experience in administrative or policy-making areas. This exception does not apply to English language teachers or to teachers specializing in the prevention or treatment of drug use.
The documents to be submitted
– Complete the application form at: http://apply.embark.com/student/humphrey/fellowship/
– Copy of the degree degree, legalized by the academic institution. Authenticated copies will not be accepted by registered public notary.
– Translation of the title of degree to English (by registered public translator).
– Copy of certificate of studies to English (by registered public translator).
– Two (2) letters of recommendation; 1 of the current employer and 1 of a mentor / teacher or professional outside the job field of the applicant. For the indicated format of the letters of recommendation, please check section 5 within the application form.
– Curriculum Vitae in English (North American format). For more information on this point, please consult the Education USA office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
– English Language Assessment Form. Please request the aeducationParaguay@state.gov form or download it from the Embassy website.
– Deadline for submission of applications: Monday, July 10, 2017.
The call, specific requirements and / or more information on scholarships can be found on the Embassy’s website: https://spanish.paraguay.usembassy.gov/resources/humphrey-fellowship-program2.html or by contacting: educationparaguay@State.gov