The Binational Center’s (CCPA) Roosevelt Library was founded on April 12, 1946, and is one of the few libraries in the country that function as a public library, offering free access and home loan services (books, magazines, and audiovisuals). Today, in addition to its main branch, the Roosevelt Library has offices in Villa Morra, San Lorenzo, Ciudad del Este, and Encarnacion.
It possesses a collection of about 38,000 volumes in both English (30%) and Spanish (70%), in all areas of human knowledge, and is the only library in the country to offer an extensive virtual catalog for electronic book loans. All of its branches offer free use of computers, Internet access, and specialized Internet search tools.
CCPA’s Roosevelt library serves the community by providing access to information and promoting culture through support for education and academic research.
- Lending of books, movies, documentary and magazines in English and Spanish.
- We offer a large and pleasant area for reading, study, realization of practical work and school and university research.
- Reference Service: library orientation to search any material.
- Computer Lab and WIFI free connection.
- Educational and cultural workshops for the community (oratory, drafting, application program, chess club, others).
While most of the American Spaces in Paraguay continue operating virtually, in-person service has been affected by the pandemic, and the times listed below may not be correct. Please write via WhatsApp to +595 982 683 293 for updated information on schedules and virtual channels.
Monday to Friday from 09:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
Saturday from 07:45 a.m. to 01:00 a.m.
Phone number: +59521224831 /+59521214544
Cell phone: +595982357076
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Biblioteca Roosevelt – CCPA
Asunción: Avda. España 352 e/ Brasil y EE.UU
Villamorra: CapitáBrizuela 761 (+59521600872)
San Lorenzo: Nilo Meyer c/ Bs As (Ph.: +59521576780 – +595985617901)
Encarnación: J. L. Mallorquín esq. Constitución (+59571203500)
Ciudad del Este: Bernardino Caballero 754 (+59561518601)