Last updated: 10/25/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- U.S. citizens need a valid passport to enter Paraguay. U.S. citizens with expired or damaged passports may not be allowed to enter and could be sent back to the United States at their own expense. Private U.S. citizens do not need a visa for visits of up to 90 days for tourism.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
- For more information about entry and exit requirements visit the Paraguayan Immigration website. (Spanish only)
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- As of October 8, 2021 travelers (regardless of vaccination status) will not have to quarantine upon arrival.
- Several private laboratories are offering COVID-19 testing for a fee. Patients have the option of scheduling the test be administered at home or from inside their vehicle at the lab. Tests cost between 500,000 to 600,000 Guaranies and there are no requirements to be eligible for testing. Generally, results are delivered by email within 24 hours.
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of private labs in the Asuncion area providing testing:
- Laboratorio San Roque: Manuel del Castillo esq/Cruz del Defensor 5320. WhatsApp : +595974404666.
- Meyer Lab: Mariscal Estigarribia esquina Tte. Coronel Irrazabal. WhatsApp: +595985134688.
- Diaz Gill Lab: Pai Perez 218 entre Eligio Ayala y Mcal. Estigarribia. Phone: (595-21) 2174204. WhatsApp : +595986132683.
- Laboratorio Curie: Juan de Salazar 728 casi Washington. Phones: (595-21) 200447, (595-21) 200772. WhatsApp : +595974889082.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Paraguay for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes.
- The Paraguayan government has announced that all foreigners in Paraguay will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Those with cedulas may register here using the Registro Ciudadania Those without cedulas should use the Registro Extranjeros button. People with underlying medical conditions associated with high risk for severe Covid-19 should fill out this form which must be signed and stamped by the certifying physician.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- If you were potentially exposed to COVID-19 and/or have a fever, cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing, dial the Ministry of Health hotline at 154.