The Business Information Database System (BIDS) gives U.S. businesses up to the minute information about significant foreign government and multilateral development bank procurements. Through an interactive map interface, businesses can find new export opportunities, validated by U.S. government economic and commercial experts overseas. Public and private partners can link to or download BIDS data for matchmaking, analysis, or other purposes. more »
The Direct Line for American Business program connects U.S. businesses and American Ambassadors and U.S. mission personnel overseas, making you part of our “country team.” You will get up to the minute information on markets vital to your business, and learn about new sectors and tenders to help you expand your business. more »
BusinessUSA is a White House initiative that serves as an electronic clearing house for U.S. Government information and assistance that relates to business. more »
U.S. Government Resources
- Department of Commerce: The Commerce Department’s mission is to help make American businesses more innovative at home and more competitive abroad.
- Export.gov: Brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and succeed in today’s global marketplace. Export.gov also hosts information on the National Export Initiative.
- Export Import Bank of the United States: The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank’s mission is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets.
- National IPR Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR): The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) is the United States government agency responsible for developing and recommending United States trade policy to the president of the United States, conducting trade negotiations at bilateral and multilateral levels, and coordinating trade policy within the government.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation: OPIC is the U.S. Government’s development finance institution.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides support to U.S. small businesses and small –business owners across the nation through capital (loans), access to federal contracts, and counseling.
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency: USTDA is an independent U.S. Government foreign assistance agency that is funded by the U.S. Congress. USTDA links U.S. businesses to export opportunities by funding project planning activities, pilot projects, and reverse trade missions while creating sustainable infrastructure and economic growth in partner countries.
Paraguayan Government Offices
- Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock ( Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganaderia)
- Ministry of Finance (Ministerio de Hacienda)
- Ministry of Industry and Commerce (Ministerio de Industria y Comercio)
- Ministry of Public Works and Communications (Ministerio de Obras Publicas y Comunicaciones)
- Central Bank of Paraguay (Banco Central del Paraguay)
- Customs Bureau (Aduanas)
- Intellectual Property Bureau (DPI) (Direccion de Propiedad Intelectual)
- National Maquila Industry Bureau (Industria Nacional de la Maquila)
- Public Contracting Bureau (Direccion Nacional de Contrataciones Publicas)
- Standards and Technology Institute (Instituto Nacional de Tecnología y Normalizacion)
- Technical Planning Bureau (Secretaria Tecnica de Planificacion)
Paraguayan Trade or Industry Associations
- Chamber of Commerce and Services (Cámara Nacional de Comercio y Servicios del Paraguay)
- Customs Brokers Association (Centro de Despachantes de Aduana del Paraguay)
- Exporters Trade Association (CAPEX–Cámara Paraguaya de Exportadores)
- Industrialists Trade Association (Unión Industrial Paraguaya)
- Importers Trade Association (Centro de Importadores del Paraguay)
- Local Business Federation (FEPRINCO–Federación de la Producción, la Industria y el Comercio)