- On July 29, 2020, LATAM in cooperation with a local tour agencies Kostas Viajes, Comdetour, Agencia de Viajes and Maral Turismo, will offer a flight to Miami with connection in Santiago, Chile. The outbound plane will depart 18:00 on July 29 and arrive in Miami at 07:40 on July 30. The flight from Asuncion to Santiago is via a charter flight and from Santiago to Miami via regular commercial air service. The price is $1,299 for a round-trip ticket and $886 for one-way Asuncion to Miami. There is also an inbound Miami to Asuncion option departing July 28 available for $1,030 one way for citizens and permanent residents of Paraguay. Please keep in mind that the flights between Santiago and Miami are normal commercial fares and may fluctuate. Tickets may be purchased by calling +595 (021) 615 507 or via a local travel agency. Tickets include one piece of luggage up to 50 lbs (23 kg). Note that U.S. citizens may transit but not enter Chile. Please contact the agency directly regarding their pet policy.
- On August 3, Copa, represented by local travel agency Boarding Pass, will offer a flight to Miami via Panama City. Ticket price is $1,300. Passengers are allowed one bag at 50 lbs and additional baggage may be purchased for $100 per bag. Pets are allowed on board up to a limit – please speak directly to the travel agency prior to confirming. Tickets may be purchased by contacting Alejandra Burro (+595 971 202 529, email@example.com), Mariana Mendoza (+595 994 158 818, firstname.lastname@example.org), and Geral Person (+595 981 231 999, email@example.com). The plane will depart 22:08 on August 3 and arrive in Miami at 09:16 on August 4. Note that Boarding Pass will require all passengers to present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48-72 hours of the flight prior to boarding.
- In addition to these two options, Eastern Airlines plans to offer a direct flight from Miami to Asuncion August 12 and from Asuncion to Miami the following day, August 13. Eastern’s previous July 7 flight departed at 09:30 and arrived in Miami at approximately 17:30 and cost $800 per ticket.
- These charter flights are operated by commercial companies and remain subject to Paraguayan government permissions and ability to meet minimum passenger loads.
- Several travel agencies are in the process of organizing commercial charter flights to the United States and other destinations. We will advertise those that have received permissions from the government and partner airlines.
By U.S. Embassy Paraguay | 10 July, 2020 | Topics: Alert